Saturday, November 15, 2014

got the legs blowin up on a Tuesday

It was 66 degrees on Tuesday so I grabbed the hookoo, trailer, radioflyer, and toddler and headed to the local parkway. Between feeding, potty breaks, snacks, playgrounds, naps, I was able to squeeze in 40 minutes of riding. Including the morning hour of intervals and it's been a good day. Got the legs blowin' up on a Tuesday

 
I dusted that kid.

That was most likely the last nice day of the year. Wednesday saw temps back to the normal temps in 30s. Yuck, northeast. Now that the temperature is back to normal it's time to put the toys away. Cabin fever is setting in. For compliance with rule 5 and rule 9 I will use the spinbike and ride the hookoo in the snow, respectfully.
Friday morning.


According to last week's post, I recently acquired a spinbike from the Internet. My livingroom-bicycle-paraphernalia-footprint went from 6ft to 4ft. That's a whole extra 2ft of prime real estate! There's so much room for activities! 

2-feet.

I am pleased to say the spinbike is getting used. It's comfortable and quiet. I'm able to hop on for a fasted workout while the kid is still sleeping. Did you noticed that I'm sweating all over a carpet remnant? I'm thinking about procuring a purpose built sweat mat. Are these any good? In my search for one I found this, wtf!?! I guess if I was still training on the roadbike, I'd need one. I do miss the brifters and wonder if I'll be able to get into the drops after riding indoors all winter. Whatever, it works. The wheelbrake brings back memories of my first CAAD with downtube shifters. I'm also able to ride with headphones, something impossible on the road. I'm listening to a lot of Pandora in the mornings [Drake 0-to-100 station]. What's strange [and maybe not strange to you Pandora aficionados] is that there is no lag in songs in the mornings. But in the afternoon there is an occasional delay between tracks. Sup wid dat?

Am I ever going to talk about food? Nah, it's beer-thirty here in Siberia. This is a Blue Moon Ginger Bread beer, replenish dem carbs.

Madd head.



See you next week. Cheers.


~ Ed [a.k.a the man with no pants]




No comments:

Post a Comment